· 21 Days before your safari starts Sable Safaris need to have your full address, a copy of your passport, full details of rifle/s that you travel with including caliber, serial number, make of rifle and make and amount of ammunition for each caliber.
· Please have an address and telephone number of Sable Safaris handy when traveling through Johannesburg and to Lusaka.
· 60 rounds of ammunition per caliber is allowed
· Only one of each caliber is allowed
· You can import a shotgun and handgun
· We suggest that you bring a maximum of 2 firearms with.
· Depending on your safari we recommend that you bring the following weaponry on a 14 day or more safari:
1. Hunting rifle with good low light scope > .30 calibers with +/- 40 well constructed soft nose bullets (trophy bonded bear claw, nosler partition, swift A-frame etc.)
2. Hunting rifle with good low light scope > .375 H&H caliber with +/- 40 well constructed soft nose and +/- 20 FMJ (solids)
· Sable Safaris will apply for your rifle import permit before your safari and clear your rifles on arrival. The above as well as your meet and greet are included in your safari documentation fees.
· Important notes:
o Do not arrive with firearms not specified before your safari
o Rifles and ammunition should be locked in separate lockable hard cases
o Do not have any valuables such as cameras and binoculars in your checked luggage
o Keep weight down on luggage since the charter flights can only carry a minimum weight
o Check with Sable staff 14 days before your departure on current status of importation and transit of rifles and ammunition.